The printed copy of the newsletter will be making its way to you from this evening, but in the meantime, here’s the electronic version. April is looking to be a busy and exciting month for Chester Greenies!
- We have a quiz night (7th April)
- Mixed Crafts, Gentle Exercise and Zumba classes at the community centre
- Easter Table Top Sale (8th April)
- Mirrors of Mary (performance – 12th April)
- Mindfulness Course (starting on 18th April)
- Our City, Our River Flood Defence Drop in Session (19th April)
- 1940s Variety Show (from Jeremy and Becky from Pocket Panto – 22nd April)
And after the success of the Queen’s Birthday celebrations last year, a ‘Picnic on the Green‘ will be held on Sunday 9th July (save the date!)
A big thank you to Alternative Tiles on Mansfield Road for sponsoring this issue, too.
All the details can be found in this month’s newsletter!
LCRA Newsletter – April 2017
Below are the February Newsletter (which are being distributed shortly) and an electronic copy of the January update circulated earlier (we don’t normally do a January newsletter, but something important came up)! Lots of updates contained within…do have a look 🙂
LCRA Feb 2017 Newsletter
LCRA Jan 2017 Update
October’s newsletter is below (you’ll have received the paper copy at the beginning of the month!). Also, do come along the annual Halloween Disco on Saturday 29th October at the Community Centre from 7pm onwards. They’ll be games, food and a bar with a disco too! Always a great night, and prizes for the best Halloween outfits!
October 2016 Newsletter
Our City Our River (OCOR) are holding a public drop-in event on Wednesday 19th October from 3.00pm to 6.30pm at the Chester Green Community Centre, just off Old Chester Road, Derby, DE1 3SA. There will be updates on the construction work to build new flood defences and the next stage of work starting. There will also be team members on hand to answer questions about the project. Please contact Cassandra Carruthers on 01332 643488 or email for further information.
Please share, as notice for this is very late, it would seem!
More info from http://www.derby.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/planning/our-city-our-river/latest-news/
June’s newsletter is linked below which includes details of the Queen’s 90th celebration (on the Green or community centre depending on weather) Sunday 12th June.
LCRA June 2016 Newsletter
A decision on the Queen’s celebration venue (green or community centre) will be made at around 6pm tonight – fingers crossed, but the weather is getting better (according to the BBC) than it first thought!
Including details on:
- Aida Bliss factory
- Speed Hump Scheme
- The Queen’s Birthday Bash on the Green 🙂
- Little Chester Heritage Centre and Local History Group
- Cafe Create
- The Methodist and St. Paul’s Church events
- St. Paul’s Pre-School Playgroup
- The Duck Race
- A reminder of our community
Comments and discussion always welcome!
LCRA Newsletter May 2016
Our March newsletter is here, hot off the press (printed versions being distributed soon!) Details include:
- News of Chester Green’s Queen’s birthday celebration – save the date!
- Updates on speed humps, flood defences and trees!
- Latest events from the history society, our two churches and the Community Centre
- News of hopefully cheaper flood insurance from April (a reinstatement of a national scheme that ended a few years ago).
- and more!
Click below for the all the details!
LCRA March Newsletter