The printed copy of the newsletter will be making its way to you from this evening, but in the meantime, here’s the electronic version. April is looking to be a busy and exciting month for Chester Greenies!
- We have a quiz night (7th April)
- Mixed Crafts, Gentle Exercise and Zumba classes at the community centre
- Easter Table Top Sale (8th April)
- Mirrors of Mary (performance – 12th April)
- Mindfulness Course (starting on 18th April)
- Our City, Our River Flood Defence Drop in Session (19th April)
- 1940s Variety Show (from Jeremy and Becky from Pocket Panto – 22nd April)
And after the success of the Queen’s Birthday celebrations last year, a ‘Picnic on the Green‘ will be held on Sunday 9th July (save the date!)
A big thank you to Alternative Tiles on Mansfield Road for sponsoring this issue, too.
All the details can be found in this month’s newsletter!
LCRA Newsletter – April 2017
Below are the February Newsletter (which are being distributed shortly) and an electronic copy of the January update circulated earlier (we don’t normally do a January newsletter, but something important came up)! Lots of updates contained within…do have a look 🙂
LCRA Feb 2017 Newsletter
LCRA Jan 2017 Update
Linked below is the December (and November…oops!) newsletter with all you need to know about Chester Green’s upcoming events and news for the Christmas period!
LCRA December Newsletter
LCRA November Newsletter
We’re also excited to announce that the Chester Green Christmas Window Trail will be starting on 6th December (running to the 6th January). The map of the 31 windows taking part is below. Why not have an explore in December, and see if you can guess the theme of each window!
Chester Green Christmas Window Trail Map 2016
Finally, we have an appeal! The newsletter is written and distributed by volunteers. The printing costs are usually covered by the Residents Association, but we’re nearly out of money. We produce 1000 copies each month, and if each house gave just £1, this would fund the newsletter for approximately 4 years! See details in the newsletter if you’d like to help keep the newsletter going and make a donation. No matter how small, it all helps 🙂
Happy nearly December, Chester Greenies!
October’s newsletter is below (you’ll have received the paper copy at the beginning of the month!). Also, do come along the annual Halloween Disco on Saturday 29th October at the Community Centre from 7pm onwards. They’ll be games, food and a bar with a disco too! Always a great night, and prizes for the best Halloween outfits!
October 2016 Newsletter
Ahem…..seems I’ve dropped the ball, somewhat. Apologies! Below are the newsletters you will have all received already for July (following shortly – I don’t seem to have it!), August and September…..normal service will now resume!
LCRA July 2016 Newsletter (…coming soon!)
LCRA August 2016 Newsletter
LCRA September 2016 Newsletter
This months highlights include Jack and Beanstalk at the community on 24th September from the FABULOUS Pocket Panto (if you’ve never seen them, you’re in for a treat. The funniest panto company I’ve ever seen!) Of course, there’s all the usual news and updates about everything Chester Green!
Including details on:
- Aida Bliss factory
- Speed Hump Scheme
- The Queen’s Birthday Bash on the Green 🙂
- Little Chester Heritage Centre and Local History Group
- Cafe Create
- The Methodist and St. Paul’s Church events
- St. Paul’s Pre-School Playgroup
- The Duck Race
- A reminder of our community
Comments and discussion always welcome!
LCRA Newsletter May 2016
Our March newsletter is here, hot off the press (printed versions being distributed soon!) Details include:
- News of Chester Green’s Queen’s birthday celebration – save the date!
- Updates on speed humps, flood defences and trees!
- Latest events from the history society, our two churches and the Community Centre
- News of hopefully cheaper flood insurance from April (a reinstatement of a national scheme that ended a few years ago).
- and more!
Click below for the all the details!
LCRA March Newsletter