Remember, if you don’t ask, you don’t get. Local parent power asked the council to repair the play parks flooring, which had fallen into disrepair being raised at the edges and causing many a trip! . Well, it was repaired this week 😀
Including details on:
- Aida Bliss factory
- Speed Hump Scheme
- The Queen’s Birthday Bash on the Green 🙂
- Little Chester Heritage Centre and Local History Group
- Cafe Create
- The Methodist and St. Paul’s Church events
- St. Paul’s Pre-School Playgroup
- The Duck Race
- A reminder of our community
Comments and discussion always welcome!
Our March newsletter is here, hot off the press (printed versions being distributed soon!) Details include:
- News of Chester Green’s Queen’s birthday celebration – save the date!
- Updates on speed humps, flood defences and trees!
- Latest events from the history society, our two churches and the Community Centre
- News of hopefully cheaper flood insurance from April (a reinstatement of a national scheme that ended a few years ago).
- and more!
Click below for the all the details!
You’ll have had this delivered well before now, but in case you’ve lost it, here’s a copy of this month’s newsletter.
Additions to this are:
- The speed hump traffic calming scheme got approved, with a voting turn out of 38% (even with paid envelopes included with every form sent to residents!) and 72% for and 28% against.
- More archeological digs going on in Chester Green – for more details click this link.
As always, and slightly late, is the electronic version of this month’s newsletter giving details of everything going on in our wonderful Chester Green this December. See below:
However, there is more exciting news which you will have seen on our facebook page, and in the media in that the Cathedral is planning on opening a secondary school in DE1 (i.e. near the Cathedral). This is a VERY exciting proposition for us in Chester Green with, finally, someone acknowledging that there won’t be enough school places for our kids. Please spread the word, and register your interest at the site below. More details on the site below:
Better late than never. You will have had this through your door some time ago, but here’s the electronic version containing details on flood defences, community centre news, speed calming, church services and CPR training!